Well, here we are in the hot/humid state of Indiana, and we are loving it (everything except the hot and humid part). We both felt so good about moving out here and it really has been great! We love our neighbors and have made some great friends at church and are hoping to make even more as we get to know more and more people. William loves playing with his little friends (which mostly consist of a 5 year old girl, and three boys (one 4 year old and two 2 year olds). He seems really happy here as well, so that is great. I will post pictures soon, but sadly, during a crazy huge thunder/ lightning storm (and I really do mean CRAZY AND HUGE) our computer got fried and we have yet to have it replaced/fixed and it had all our pictures on it ( a word to the wise. . .back everything up on an external hard drive. . .we did and are so happy we didn't lose all of our pictures). . .also, surge protectors don't always work. . .sad, but true. Anyway, for those who don't already know, I am six months pregnant and it's a girl. . .and everything is going great. . .by now with William, I would already have been on bed rest for about 2 months, so it has been a huge blessing to be up and moving around and going places. I still have restrictions (like not being able to lift William. . .which has been interesting) but all in all it's been great and we feel very grateful and excited and we can't wait to meet our little baby girl.
A few interesting facts about Indiana. . .the bugs here are as big as small birds (I'm not exagerrating) and there are bunnies and squirrels all over everyone's yards. William thinks it the great thing ever. . .even the bugs. . .he goes around finding them and saying 'bug' all the time. One day he came up to me and was so excited because he had a fly (that obviously couldn't fly) sitting on his little finger. It was pretty cute, yet very gross, because I hate flies. Oh well.
A few fun things about William. . .he talks all the time. . .my favorite things he says are:
-"it dirty". . .those of you who know me super well are probably laughing because I'm a bit of a germ freak and I'm sure he picked that up from me
-"I did it!" which he exclaims after buckling himself in his highchair or pretty much after everything he accomplishes on his own
-"It hurts" which sounds more like "it urts"
-"chicken nugget" which he says anytime he wants to make me laugh, which it always makes me laugh and we get into a little war of words where I say 'french fries' and he fires back with 'chicken nuggets'. . .it may sound lame, but I think it's great
Anyway, other than that, Roland is really enjoying his residency and I am loving life and we are just grateful for all our blessings! We miss you all and hope everyone is well back in Utah and Idaho. Hopefully we will make it back there for Christmas and get to see some of you.
Well, pictures are coming, but I thought I'd update everybody until we can get the computer fixed!
8 comments:
I miss you guys so much. Congratulations on the little girl. Girls are very different from boys and just as great. If you get back for Christmas let me know. We get to go home for Christmas and I would love to see you.
Kim! Love hearing your update. So exciting about baby girl. Glad to hear things are going well. I lived in Ohio during my teenage years. I just thought the bugs were normal until I moved away :) Glad to hear you are loving life. . . a good thing when you have little children. Take care!
Loved reading your update! Thunder and lightning storms there must be related to those we witnessed in PA. Crazy! Hope you get a new computer soon. So happy to hear that you are doing so well with this pregnancy! Keep us posted! We miss seeing you!
Congratulations on the baby! Little girls are a lot of fun (although I'm loving having a little boy now, too :). I can sympathize with your not being able to lift William--I wasn't allowed to lift Adriana when I was pregnant with Miriam. The toughest thing was her crib because she couldn't climb in to that on her own like her booster seat or car seat. How fun that you're in Indiana. We lived in Indianapolis for four years when I was growing up. I remember those crazy storms, although at the time I thought the bugs were normal. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see pictures!
Glad to hear everything is going well over there! We miss you guys and hope we'll get to see you guys soon!
Yay! I'm so glad you are well and that everything is going well with baby #2. Hooray! I was just thinking about "Bedrest Day" the other day, and as much fun as it was, I'm glad you're not needing another one. :) A GIRL!!!! So exciting! Congratulations! Can't wit to see pictures. Love you guys and I'm glad all is well!
Love, Heather
Can't wait to see pictures Kim! It was good to get a little update . . . I've been wondering how you are. Hooray for no bed rest! I'm glad that things are going so well. I love the picture of William on the tractor . . . I'm sure your dad is very proud. :)
LOVE the header picture! What a cute little boy! I took my blog private, so send me your email and I'll invite you :)
Post a Comment