Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life as of late. . .

I often wonder why I even have a blog because I never, ever update it and most of the time feel guilty about not updating it and have people ask me why I am not updating it and then wonder what I would even update anyway. . .but, there is definitely reason to update, because we do have some exciting news. . .Roland matched with a residency program in Indiana. . .Muncie to be exact (and no, it is not the town from the musical "Music Man". . . that is actually Gary, Indiana, which isn't too far away from Muncie and probably about the same size). That being said, we are so thrilled to be going there. . .it was our first choice and we've been out there several times and have absolutely loved it. Here is Roland on Match Day with the lucky envelope that is about to tell us where we will be spending the next three years of our lives. HOORAY!


In other news, life is great. . .we spent the month of March doing a rotation in Idaho Falls and living with my parents (which some may think would be a nightmare, but if you knew my parents, you would know it was wonderful and we had a fabulous month being there with family). William is 17 months old now and is hilarious. He loves life and smiles and laughs all the time. He has the funniest personality ever and we love watching him grow into a little boy. Here are some pics:
William is a multitasker to be sure. . .he doesn't want to take the time to put down his spoon, so he just tries to grab his sippy cup with his teeth. Needless to say he had to use his hands.

He loves his Grandpa Batt. . .he got William and all the grandsons matching hats to wear and they love to wear them all around the house.

He continues to love trucks and cars and makes the cutest truck sound ever (except when you are in church and he does it really loud and everyone turns around to look at you. . .not so cute then). But if he sees a car or truck in a book, on the street, while he's playing, he starts making his car sound.

Being the good mom that I am, I gave him chocolate pudding and graham crackers for a snack the other day. . .as you can tell, he definitely liked it.


While we were in Idaho, he loved going outside and playing in the yard (I can't wait to have a yard of our own). He grabs his shoes and goes and stands by the door and looks longingly outside till we take him out. . .it's pretty cute.


His hair is insane. . .it only grows in a patch right on top of his head, so sometimes we spike it and it is seriously a couple of inches tall.


Sitting on the bed with some of his cousins in Idaho.



He absolutely LOVES brooms, so my mom bought him one while we were in Idaho. He carried it around and swept to his heart's delight. It's even more fun with Grandpa.



William loves taking things out of the fridge. . .enough said.



My dad made him a little wooden corral that he loves to pen himself up in with his animals.


Getting ready to go outside in the snow (in March. . .who else is ready for spring?)
Well, I can't promise when the next blog will be. It could be tomorrow or it could be when William is 21 years old. . .you never know. . .we like to keep people guessing!














7 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Yay for getting residency where you want but boo for moving away!

And I love love love that last picture of William...he's such a cute kid.

Natalie said...

It's good to see that you are still alive! Just kidding, I really can't give you a hard time since I have never done a post on my blog. What a cute little boy you have. He looks just like his mommy!!! Congratulations on the residency!

Darla Davies said...

I'm grateful I checked your blog. This is a great opportunity to tell you all CONGRATULATIONS! We're sorry to see you go so far away but are grateful that the match system worked out so well. Hope to see you all before the big move!

Jenkins Family said...

Hey Guys! Congratulations on your match. Indiana sounds great, you will love it. William is so big! Holy Cow time goes by fast. We will be in Idaho in June are you going to be around anytime this summer?

Kathryn and Josh

Baby Ruth said...

Congrats on the match!! That is soo awesome!! Of course, we wish there was a program you could have matched with in Hawaii... good luck and congrats!

Battfam said...

Such fun pictures. Congrats on the Muncie match. You are probably already there. I just haven't looked at your blog for a while. Good luck!

Alicia said...

So remember that one time when we were in in the same "family" at Walk on the Rock (or whatever that was called)? Good times. Was that the last time I saw you? You probably don't even remember who I am. Thanks for letting me read your blog. 2 months later. Good luck in Indiana - LOVE you guys! - Alicia Spjute